Reports to: Tooling Manager
The Tooling Technician works under the direction of the Tooling Manager to complete maintenance and repair on all tooling, fixtures and other special equipment required to meet and maintain customer specifications.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains uptime on tooling
2. Tooling Maintenance
- Assist tooling manager with repairs to maintain tooling uptime
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently and effectively
3. Mold set-up
- Completes predictive and preventive maintenance on all tooling, fixtures and other special equipment under the supervision of the Tooling Manager.
- Reports visual defects in molds to Tooling Manager
4. Maintains toolroom and mold storage area in neat and organized manner
- Sets up molds in molding machine to run production according to specifications.
5. Special Projects
- Assures that equipment and work areas are kept safe, clean and organized at all times
- Pulls molds from storage needed for production
- Stores molds after completion of job
- Assists Tooling Design and Testing Engineer/Tooling Manager with special projects
1. Willingness to follow direction.
3. Technical Ability.
5. Results Driven.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications for Hire
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Comfortable using basic computer software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
Preferred Qualifications (On the job training provided)
1. Comfortable with basic hand tools.
2. Forklift Certified.
3. Able to read blueprints and understand basic tolerances.
4. Able to use standard toolroom equipment.
5. Able to use overhead crane.
6. Knowledge of general safety best practices.
7. Knowledge of thermoset and thermoplastic molds.
8. Knowledge of all applicable quality standards.
9. Proficient in applicable IQMS software modules.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Most of the work will be performed in manufacturing facility where the noise level may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 55 pounds. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must also be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. 1st Shift: 7:00am to 3:15pm. Overtime as required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.