As a technology-driven manufacturer, Woodland Plastics provides integrated manufacturing solutions to serve OEMs and its customers with molded thermoset components and assemblies to meet product and specification requirements. By utilizing a real time ERP software system, IQMS, Woodland Plastics is able to leverage technology to provide real time visual into each step of a manufacturing process. Woodland’s IQMS software system is tied to molding machines and auxiliary equipment, and allows team members to monitor, record, and analysis production data in real time or within historical time ranges. Woodland Plastics uses IQMS in various functions of its business, including production data collection and monitoring, job and program work instructions, document control, layered process audits and quality inspections, predictive and preventive maintenance, and employee and job-specific training.
Woodland Plastics is always exploring improvements to existing processes and equipment with investments in molding and auxiliary equipment, machinery, and automation solutions. Whether a product requires zero-defect shipments, 100% camera inspection, or special manufacturing requirements, Woodland Plastics can develop a manufacturing and inspection process to meet customer and product quality and delivery standards.
Utilizing IQMS, a plastics-industry leading, real-time ERP software system, gives Woodland Plastics the ability to:
Monitor the entire manufacturing process
Monitor real-time production and scheduling
Manage document control
Use predictive maintenance for tooling and machines
Set up Just-In-Time (JIT) product delivery
Develop project/asset management tools.
Technology Spotlight – Automated Degating Machine
By investing in a custom-built degating machine, Woodland Plastics:
- Offers an automated deflash operation, increasing throughput.
- Reduces labor costs & process variation by eliminating operator variation.
- Tracks production with ERP software for real-time productivity data.
- Tracks real-time data for advances in predictive & preventive maintenance of the machine.
Technology Spotlight – Automated Vision Inspection System
Woodland Plastics implemented this automated vision inspection system for a 42-cavity lighting component program in order to:
- Provide a cost-efficient, automated secondary inspection process to 100% inspect parts.
- Inspect large-volume parts that would be costly to inspect manually.
- Eliminate operator inspection error due to automated repeatability.
- Measure a variety of dimensions & part characteristics that may be difficult to inspect manually.