Reports to: President
The Processing Engineer is primarily responsible for determining operations necessary to process thermoset material, however processing thermoplastic material as well as determining secondary operations will be required. All actions must ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The processing engineer also researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Problem Solving
2. Process design
- Provide expertise in areas of manufacturing processes throughout the organization.
- Lead and participate on continuous improvement teams to solve problems and make improvements throughout the organization.
3. Process efficiency/improvement
- Design experiments to identify optimum manufacturing processes.
- Establish optimal process parameters and process controls with the objective of improving product quality, uniformity and costs.
- Formulates and maintains set-up sheets in computer system.
- Determines items necessary for interaction between tooling and machine, orders necessary items for new programs. (ex. Heaters, Sprue Bushing, Knockout Bars, Nozzle Tips, etc.)
- Establish procedures, monitors and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other personnel in order to comply with all quality, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment to implement new programs and specify new equipment necessary for capital improvements. (Assists in the purchasing of new equipment when required.)
5. Standard cycle time
- Provide support to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Prepare and set up new/existing machines/equipment for sample and initial production runs.
- Collect data related to manufacturing parameters/time, analyze, summarize and present to senior management.
- Formulate and maintain cycle time standards for all jobs in computer system.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Communication proficiency.
3. Business Acumen.
4. Stress Management/Composure.
5. Problem Solving/Analysis.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Teamwork Orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications for Hire
1. Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years of plastics processing experience in injection molding.
3. Comfortable using basic computer software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
Preferred Qualifications (On the job training provided)
1. Experience in injection molded thermosets.
2. Knowledge of Arburg controls.
3. Knowledge of ISO/TS quality standards.
4. Knowledge of general safety best practices.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Some of the work will be performed in manufacturing facility where the noise level may be loud.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must also be able to climb stairs and ladders and may be required to lift up to 55 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. 1st Shift: 7:00am to 3:15pm. Overtime as required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.