Material HandlerClassification: Nonexempt
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
The Material Handler follows written, verbal, and video recorded instructions to perform various production operations including but not limited to operating automatic molding machines, operating automatic deflashing equipment, loading and unloading ovens, ensuring molding machines are full of raw material, and ensuring operators are stocked with production supplies (boxes, bags, etc.). The Material Handler practices safe habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible while ensuring customer satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operate automatic presses and secondary operations equipment
2. Report discrepancies in parts/processes
- Follow work instructions to operate automatic molding machines, automatic deflashing equipment, ovens and other equipment as required.
- View video recorded instructions, read written instructions and follow additional verbal instruction given by the supervisor to produce product free of non-conformances and ensure customer satisfaction.
3. Keep molding machines filled with raw material listed on the bill of materials
- Identify non-conformances and advise the Supervisor and Quality Technician.
- Quarantine nonconforming parts.
4. Move material/parts throughout plant
5. Material/part records and documentation
- Empty automatic molding machines and weigh count product..
- Maintain supply of production materials for operators (boxes, dividers, bags, etc.).
- Move product throughout the plant based on move ticket routing information.
6. Continuous improvement
- Record production data on applicable forms (Material Placards, Work Order, White Board).
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of tools and equipment to increase safety and efficiency.
- Empty garbage and recyclables into appropriate dumpsters.
- Sweep and clean work areas.
2. Teamwork Capacity.
3. Technical Capacity.
4. Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications for Hire
1. Ability to communicate in English or Spanish (written and orally).
2. Ability to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
Preferred Qualifications (On the job training provided)
1. Knowledge of molded parts and common defects.
2. Familiarity with basic inspection equipment (Caliper, Micrometer).
3. Forklift Certified.
4. Knowledge of ISO/TS quality standards.
5. Knowledge of general safety best practices.
6. Proficient in applicable IQMS software modules.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Some of the work will be performed in manufacturing facility where the noise level may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must also be able to climb stairs and ladders and may be required to lift up to 55 lbs. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Hours of work are dependent on the assigned shift. Overtime as required.
1st Shift: 7:00am to 3:15pm
2nd Shift: 3:00pm to 11:15 pm
3rd Shift: 11:00pm to 7:15 am
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.