Maintenance MechanicClassification: Nonexempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Mechanic works under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventive maintenance procedures to support the achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains uptime on machines and equipment
2. Facility/Equipment Maintenance
- Assist maintenance manager with repairs to maintain machine/equipment uptime.
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently and effectively.
3. Maintains maintenance and parts area in neat and organized manner
- Completes predictive and preventive maintenance on all machines/equipment/building/facility under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
- Reports findings/concerns to Maintenance Manager.
4. Special Projects
- Assures that maintenance equipment and work areas are kept safe, clean and organized at all times.
- Prepares and sets up new/existing machines/equipment for sample and/or production runs under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with special projects.
1. Willingness to follow direction.
3. Technical Capacity.
5. Results Driven.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications for Hire
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid Driver’s License.
3. Knowledge of equipment/facility maintenance.
4. Familiar with basic electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and plumbing work.
Preferred Qualifications (On the job training provided)
1. Able to read and understand machine schematics and troubleshooting manuals.
2. Comfortable using basic computer software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word).
3. Able to use overhead crane.
4. Knowledge of general safety best practices.
5. Knowledge of all applicable quality standards.
6. Proficient in applicable IQMS software modules.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Some of the work will be performed in manufacturing facility where the noise level may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 55 pounds. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must also be able to climb stairs and ladders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. 1st Shift: 7:00am to 3:15pm. Overtime as required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.