As a technology-driven manufacturer in the thermoset molding industry, Woodland Plastics Corporation provides integrated manufacturing solutions to serve OEMs and their suppliers. By embracing technology, Woodland Plastics is able to maintain, and grow, a competitive advantage over competitors through the use of real-time software and continuous improvements in new machinery and equipment.
Utilizing IQMS, a plastics-industry leading, real-time ERP software system, gives Woodland Plastics the ability to:
Monitor the entire manufacturing process
Monitor real-time production and scheduling
Manage document control
Use predictive maintenance for tooling and machines
Set up Just-In-Time (JIT) product delivery
Develop project/asset management tools.
Technology Spotlight – Automated Degating Machine
By investing in a custom-built degating machine, Woodland Plastics:
- Offers an automated deflash operation, increasing throughput.
- Reduces labor costs & process variation by eliminating operator variation.
- Tracks production with ERP software for real-time productivity data.
- Tracks real-time data for advances in predictive & preventive maintenance of the machine.
Technology Spotlight – Automated Vision Inspection System
Woodland Plastics implemented this automated vision inspection system for a 42-cavity lighting component program in order to:
- Provide a cost-efficient, automated secondary inspection process to 100% inspect parts.
- Inspect large-volume parts that would be costly to inspect manually.
- Eliminate operator inspection error due to automated repeatability.
- Measure a variety of dimensions & part characteristics that may be difficult to inspect manually.